Vanilla Uniblend – A brand new, unique felting product made exclusively for Unicorn Fibres. Created from equal parts of 19 micron Australian merino and white viscose (plant) roving. Natural white wool and viscose make up this white wool viscose roving in an elegant 50/50 blend, with an ultra soft hand to work with and subtle colour variation . The sheen of the viscose mixed with extra-fine merino wool creates interesting possibilities for felting and spinning. Our UNIBLENDS provide a cost effective alternative to silk blends with ingredients that have also been sustainably sourced. Processed in accordance with Oeko-Tek standards in a GOTS certified dye house. GOTS stands for Global Organic Textile Standards. It certifies companies have complied with rules for the ecological and socially responsible production of textiles.
Vanilla, a white wool viscose roving blend lends itself to one directional layouts. The shrinkage of the wool maximises the effect of the viscose when felted. Without the need to layout fibres separately, this blend speeds up the making of cobweb scarves. Prefelts made in one or 2 directions will also add lustre to any project. Incorporate the roving as a decorative layer in a variety of textile applications. Ideal for creating surface interest and for use with an Embellisher machine. Suitable for needle felting too.
Uniblends available in a variety of colour blends :
- Ocean Uniblend – Blue, light and dark
- Aqua Uniblend – Turquoise blues
- Berries Uniblend – Reds, light and dark
- Drama Uniblend – Coral, red, orange,pink
- Fall Uniblend – Brown, gold, rust
- Golden Uniblend – Yellow, gold
- Eco Uniblend – Natural greens
- Malachite Uniblend – Teal, shades of blue-green
- Floss Uniblend – Mauve and pink
- Troppo Uniblend – Luminous green & yellow
- Kingfisher Uniblend – Blue and rust
- Cameo Uniblend – Brown, light and dark
- Mono Uniblend – Grey, Black & white
Viscose is made from a variety of sustainable resources including bamboo and eucalyptus.